Software Localization to Reap More Profits
Considering that the technological world is shrinking, software localization has become more common these days. It is basically the process of modifying software to suit the cultural, technical and linguistic needs of the market targeted. We put in intensive hours along with our development teams to prepare your product.
The localization of software is quite different from simple software translation. Software localisation means adapting the software or web product along with all its related documentation. Translation is done only after all the source documents have been finalized. Software expert localization services, however, perform the task while the development of the software is underway. This makes it easy to do shipments, simultaneously, of all the language versions. As an example, the software string translation might start even when the product is in beta phase.
Apart from translation, services like software engineering, desktop publishing, project management and testing also come under software localization.
Any software needs to be localized properly. This will ensure that the product gives an original feel. It should look just like it did when it was designed for the original market. This software expert localization results in software globalization. This means that the software is available in many variants which can be used across the world. Our software globalization, or software internationalization, techniques can help your company to reap in more profits.
Here are a few points that any software localization service would follow for the process. We follow the same lay-out. The major part is dealing with the language apart from the different number formats, measuring units, time & date formats, address formats, fonts, paper sizes, case differences, default font selection, sorting, character sets, word hyphenation and separation, copyright issues, local regulations, payment methods, data protection, taxes and currency conversion.
Our basic software expert localization process involves:
- Analyzing the received material. It is then evaluated and required resources and tools are identified for localizing it.
- Assessing the cultural, linguistic and technical aspects of the area targeted.
- Creating and maintaining a glossary of terminologies is very important. This helps to refer back to them in case the need be.
- The main process of translating to the native language.
- The dialog boxes, forms, etc. need to be resized according to the new format. A new user interface is, thus, designed.
- The graphics, scripts and other media which contain symbols, visible text etc. need to be localized as well.
- The localized files then need to be compiled for testing.
- The quality check includes inspecting the functional and linguistic parameters.
- Finally, the project is delivered.